What is a Chief Revenue Officer?
What is a CRO?
A chief revenue officer (CRO) is an executive responsible for all revenue generation processes in an organisation. In this role, a CRO is accountable for driving better integration and alignment between all revenue-related functions, including marketing, sales, customer support, pricing, and revenue management. Wikipedia
Creating predictable, scalable revenue is the name of the game
An effective CRO is expected to deliver revenue growth and predictable sales pipelines. To do this they must identify and exploit all revenue opportunities; streamline sales processes; implement strategies for marketing automation and programmatic activity; take a firm hand in product/service development; deliver best in class customer experience and tie all this together with accurate data drawn from a well planned and integrated technology strategy.
Relationships for revenue
Silo mentality between sales, marketing, product, customer services, finance has to become a thing of the past in order for businesses to succeed in the future.
That’s why one of the key elements of the CRO role is fostering strong working relationships and lines of communication between all teams. To actively encourage team working mentality and shared goals for the greater good of the organisation and its continued growth.
Key attributes of a great CRO
- They must excel at relationship building and influence
- Be both a strategic and tactical thinker
- Have a deep understanding of data and data analysis
- Extensive experience of sales and managing sales teams
- Have a deep understanding of marketing strategy, digital marketing and automation
- An experienced executive and leader
- Highly tech savvy
- Possess a ‘growth hacking’ mindset
Typical background of a successful CRO
- Revenue focused C-level marketing professional
- Sales leader
- Finance analyst or financial modelling with a strong commercial acumen
- Commercially focused CFO
- Extensive C-level and leadership experience
- Entrepreneur with proven growth background
- Growth Hacker
Strategy & Planning
Creating performance-driven campaigns that align theory with results to drive demand creation.
Delivering marketing efficiency and effectiveness through the use of digital channels & technology.
Integrating our skilled professionals into client teams to fill skill-gaps, driving productivity and performance.